Conducting performance reviews is a critical exercise that every leader should execute skillfully to gain relevant insights and feedback.
In a Know Your Team article, Claire Lew highlights the five meaningful questions every leader should ask during a performance review:
– What should I start, stop, or continue doing? — allows people to share feedback from every tangent of their relationship with you.
– What can I improve about my communication? — has the potential to help boost employee engagement.
– What more can I be doing to help you navigate uncertainty?
– How well have I been following through on the things I’ve promised?
– What are the things I’ve done that were particularly helpful or unhelpful?
By asking the above questions, you get valuable information that you can work on to boost productivity, employee experience, and overall business performance.
#Leadership #Communication #PerformanceReviews